Images or photos are very important for visual representation. Whether you're running a website or using social media or running an ecommernce website, end user loves images - no matter which type of device they're using. If a website uses images of large size or its pages takes too long to load because the image files are too big, most of the end users will be immediately turned off. This is typically called as bounce rate. Conversely, quality images that load quickly can enhance a brand's reputation. Therefore, it is important to find a right balance between quality and size.
It is expremely important that you understand the tricks of image sizing and editing. There is no need to be a graphic design expert for achieving the required objective.
What is photo compression? How to compress images?
Photo compression is the process by which you can reduce the space occupied by the photo. The compression process is dependent on the format of the image.
Does photo compression reduce image quality?
- JPEG Images
JPEG images do not store the original value of the colors. Rather, the values of the colors are divided by a factor. The division factor is stored in a table called quantization table. The details of the quantization table is saved in the jpeg file. During the compression process the values of quantization table i.e. division factor is updated with higher values. This will reduce the value of the color space which needs to be stored. Hence, it will reduce the space of jpeg file.
- PNG Images
Most of the PNG images are 32 bits. During the compression process the bits are reduced from 32 --> 8. This will reduce the amout of data which needs to be stored.
Yes. However, the following are important factor to note.
How to increase image quality?
- A decrease in quality does not necessarily means any distinct visual impact. This will be dependent on the usage of photo or image.
- After every compression process it is important to do a visual check.
- Our website uses multiple algorithms to ensure there is no visual impact.
- JPEG format is already compressed.
No. It is not possible to increase the quality of images. This is applicable to any format like jpeg or png or svg. There are many AI solutions, but none of them are good enough.
Can i uncompress a JPEG Image?
No. It will not be possible. JPEG compression is a one way process. Therefore, it is always advised to keep the orginal copy for comparision. You should delete the original copy only after you are sure that the compressed image is ok for further use.
How to compress jpeg to 50KB or compress jpeg to 100KB or compress jpeg to 200KB or compress jpeg to 20KB
- Try repeated iterations to compress jpeg further, till jpeg file size is reduced to desired size. Please note each iteration to compress jpeg will result into less compression ratio. Our jpeg compressor is designed to compress jpeg file size without any impact to visual quality. Hence, desired reduction in jpeg file size may not be achieved. Please contact us for specific targets to compress jpeg file size. We have specialized algorithms which will be able to achieve the desired results
- How to reduce jpeg file size? For e.g. reduce jpeg file size below 50KB or reduce jpeg file size below 100KB or reduce jpeg file below 200KB
Our JPEG reducer can reduce jpeg file size without any impact to visual quality. Run multiple iteration to achieve desired size. JPEG reducer will run complicated algorithms to reduce jpeg file size to desired size
- How to reduce image size? For e.g. compress image to 20KB online or compress image below 50KB or compress image below 100KB or compress image below 200KB
- Our Image Optimizer can reduce image of different format like jpeg and png. Upload image in the panel. Image optimizer will detect the right format and optimize image accordingly
- Are my compressed and original jpeg files secured?
- 100% secured. All the files i.e. original and compressed JPEG files are deleted in few hours. Do not share the link of compressed jpeg files with anyone
- How to compress jpeg image with large size?
- JPEG size upto 6 MB can be compressed online. The compression ratio increase with the increase in file size. Contact US for jpeg file size larger then 6 MB. We should be able to reduce image size in MB or reduce jpeg size in MB
- Specialized compression for static sites. Reduce image file size
- Our online process to compress JPEG is efficient for compression at quick speed. However, if you have site where time may not be a constraint to compress JPEG, then we have special algorithms for such site. Our specialized compression algorithms to compress jpeg runs at a speed of approx. 1 MB/minute .The specialized compression algorithms can be configured to achieve target size like compress jpeg to 50KB or compress jpeg to 100KB or compress jpeg to 200KB or compress jpeg to 20KB. Most of the time you should be able to achieve the required output. For e.g. reduce image size less then 100KB or compress image to 100KB online. This process compress or reduce jpeg file size without any impact to quality
- JPEG Compression Tutorial.
- The objective of this section is to provide detailed information/education on the JPEG Compression process. Currently, there are no available Image compression software online which can help to achieve the targets like compress image to 200KB or compress image to 100KB or reduce images size below 200KB or reduce image size below 100 KB. Our Photo Compressor or JPEG Compressor can reduce jpeg file size to the desired size without quality loss. Our image compressor or photo compressor can optimize the size of the image according to every image. Reduce image size to the desired image by using our specialized photo compressor
- Our online compression process can be used to compress PNG images also. Our online compression process will look for different options to reduce the size of PNG images. Most of the PNG images uses 32 bits for storing data. For most of the images 8 bits should be sufficient. Our compression process will look for the bits which will be ideal for any image i.e. look for the ideal bits which will not have any impact to visual quality. PNG also uses GZIP as the compression mechanism for storing data. Our online compression process will run specialised gzip process for additional compression. Overall, the compression process is able to reduce most of the PNG images by more then 50% in size